Thursday 30 April 2015

May KraftBoard Challenge

Hello again Krafters!
It is the beginning of another month and with it comes another new K+ challenge.

We have  had another amazing response to our last challenge, the April Retro Recipe Challenge.
We are always totally inspired and LOVE how we get so many different styles and interpretations coming in through the entries.

Keep an eye out soon for the four winners who will be revealed soon.
 The DT have another daunting task again selecting just a handful from so many clever and stunning entries.

Before we reveal our next challenge please note:
We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journalling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!

Your work MUST be on a KRAFT BACKGROUND (not merely mounted on Kraft) to be eligible.

**Please take the time to read the RULES before submitting your entry**
and upload your entry via the inlinkz section in our side bar.
 
When uploading your entries please let us know which part of the world you come from, this makes it much easier for the DT when it comes to voting.
 
And now for the May Challenge Reveal!

May Kraftboard

(photo credit: Photos were found on Pinterest)

Interpret the above "KRAFT"board as you wish.
You may be inspired by the colours, the beads, the twine, the books......
well, you get the idea.
 


Here is how the talented K+Design Team interpreted the May Kraftboard



Sharmaine Kruijver
 


"Inspired by the wall in the living room I painted my mustard yellow background. Inspired by the books I added some torn strips. Inspired by the string around the books I added some twine. I altered the cut out girls dress to make it look orange not red, wasn't a huge success with that though! Inspired by the black dotted around the living room I added some black splotches. I added some white gesso to tie in the white in the mood board."
 
 
 

"I was inspired by the twine around the bottle, the colours, the twine bow
and I couldn't look past those beads."
 
 
 


 

"I took inspiration from the black and white tree picture on the shelf in the lounge room scene and created my own tree picture with the tree laying on its side. I loved the colours of the books so included a flair badge with stripes in similar colours. I also tied my tags with natural jute just like the book image. The orange was such a lovely colour that I added misting and leaf accents in that same colour."
 
 
 
 


"I was inspired by the colours (esp the green wall for the background),
by the floral elements and the beaded bracelet in the form of the enamel dots"
 
 
 
 
 
"I was inspired by the gorgeous colours and have tried to use them all on my canvas. The twine around the books I have replicated & tied 3 pieces around the canvas & the text on the books I have stamped some text on both the layered collage of kraft & also on the woodgrain PP under the flowers. The texture of the orange vase - I've added some stencilled texture to the background &... also on the tree branch, the flowers in the bouquet are replicated in my flower cluster. I have added a wooden tree branch inspired by the tree in the picture on the shelf. I've added a brown frame to replicate the brown frame on the shelf. The circles on the cushion also inspired me so I've added some 2Crafty chipboard circles....and also the denim, having used a denim flair and all the square & rectangle shapes in the top right image are represented by the collage of rectangle & square kraft pieces plus the stencil work for the background"
 
 
 
 

"Inspired by : green wall (paint), shelf with ampersand, blank frame and three framed image, books (text on kraft background), twine, denim, hessian around orange bottle, and grevillea bouquet."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Inspired by the decor design and layout of the photo in top right hand corner of the inspiration board"
 
 
 
 
 
"I was inspired by the orange bottle, which I interpreted on my background  with splashes of heat embossing. The books and twine were taken directly from the mood board & I altered the titles to reflect on the photo!"
 





 
"Inspiration taken from the olive wall, earthy colours, denim, ampersand,
circle beads and vintage books"
 


"I have taken inspiration from the books in Photo 3 and altered a book cover. Colour inspiration was taken along with embellishing with flowers a bottle, twine, metal trinkets and bead dangle. Textural elements in Photo 2 also inspired dry embossing on Kraft cardstock."


 
 
 
"I was inspired by the set of books tied together at the bottom of the inspiration board. 
 I created my background based on these, with the string tying it all together."
 
 
 

 
I was inspired by the colours of this Kraft board, the book paper, the twine & the flowers


 


Haven't the K+DT done an Amazing job?
So many different styles and interpretations!
 


International Guest Designer
We are thrilled to announce
Olga Ryzhkova
as our International Guest Designer for May

 
And here is Olga's stunning creation using the May Kraftboard as inspiration.
 

"I created page "Flight of the soul" about my daughter, when she traveled to Madeira.
 I really liked this Kraft board, especially bracelets, color bottle and flowers ... this palette  helped me to make the page, and the right photo found in my photo-archive"


 
 
 
 
 
 
Our Sponsors,  Prizes And
Guest Designers
 
Kraft Plus Challenges would like to extend our thanks to  our wonderful sponsors
for their generosity and support for our May challenge.
Each month we will have TWO Guest Designers from each of our sponsors to play along with our challenges.
Which means even MORE wonderful creations to inspire us all.

*Please note:  Unfortunately, due to high postage costs, prizes are for Australian residents only, but a Guest Design Spot will be offered to an international  entrant each month, to be chosen by the K+ Design Team 
 
 
 
 
Our Sponsors For May Are:
 
 
 
 
Imaginarium Designs
 


 Imaginarium are kindly offering a $50 prize pack
(winner to be chosen by the K+ Design Team)
 
Imaginarium Designs
Amanda-Jayne Baldwin
 
 
 
 
 
The Imaginarium products that Amanda-Jayne used are
 
 
Imaginarium Designs
Julianne McKenna-De Lumen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The Imaginarium Products that Julianne used are
 
 


The Scrap Matrix
 

 
ScrapMatrix are kindly offering a $50 prize pack
(winner to be chosen by K+ Design Team)
 
 

The ScrapMatrix's
Vicki Christensen
 
 

 
 
 
 
ScrapMatrix's
Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg
 
 
 

Anguree also created a stunning card
 
 

 


 
Scrapbooking Delights
 

 
 

Scrapbooking Delights are kindly offering a $50 prize pack
(winner to be chosen by K+ DT)

Scrapbooking Delights Blog

Scrapbooking Delight's
Tess Pretty


 
 

 
Scrapbooking Delight's
Tanya Kember

 


 
 


 
The Scrap Cottage
 
 

The Scrap Cottage are kindly offering a $30 store voucher
(winner to chosen randomly)

 Amazing work AGAIN by our very talented Guest Designers representing our Sponsors!
We look forward to seeing what inspires YOU when you look at our KraftBoard and we very much look forward to seeing your creations.

Until next time
Happy Krafting!

7 comments:

  1. ok so first up they are all absolutely freaking amazing.. but a special hooley shitballs Sandra.... yours is just .. just.. wow... wow.. WOWZERS..
    pardon the language.. but WOW.. so totally blown away by ALL of these.. they are all so so stunning..... wow....wow..
    ok. i'll stop..
    no really one last WOW>...............................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reveal from the designteam and guests. Happy layouts and offcourse Olga did a great job as a guestdesigner, I love the way she does her pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fantabulous!!! Utterly amazing pieces by the entire design team! Sandra, yours is simply phenomenal - there are no words. I also especially like Dee Kelly's piece - I can feel the Kraftboard when I look at it. Totally amazing inspiration pieces by everyone - WOW, a lot to live up to! Thank you also to the wonderful sponsors of this amazing challenge blog - :) !
    I'm off to get Krafting! :)
    Deb.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A vibrant and inspiring reveal Sandra. Your team is so talented! I hope to find time to play this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow another amazzzing challenge and the designers have really inspired by all their creations!! On my to do list for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours in the mood board this month. What amazing pieces from all Dt and guest DT's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mood board is stunning and the dt and guest dt have really captured it, so many different pieces to get inspired by

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips